Discover the top 8 advantages of die casting
A particularly popular manufacturing method for those looking to produce lots of parts quickly, die casting is a fantastic way of producing large quantities of complex or intricate metal parts in next to no time.
This type of manufacturing involves creating a complicated part by forcing molten metal into the cavity of special, reusable mould, known as a die, under high pressure. Once the metal has cooled, the part is then ejected from the mould, trimmed of any excess material and is then ready to be used.
The advantages of die casting
There are lots of reasons die casting is one of the most popular manufacturing processes for producing a product, part or component, including the following;
1) High-speed manufacturing – die-casting can quickly and accurately produce thousands of parts with little or no machining.
2) Produce complex shapes – produce accurate copies of even the most complicated of components.
3) Ensures accuracy – as the process uses moulds to produce the shape, the parts produced are of high quality, accuracy and stability.
4) Range of finishes – die casting can produce a wide variety of different finishes depending on your needs, from a smooth polished surface to a matt or textured look.
5) Strong and weighty – as the parts aren’t welded or fastened together, die cast parts are much stronger than joined products and their plastic injection moulding counterparts.
6) Can be drilled – parts produced by this method of manufacturing can be cored and made to tap drill sizes.
7) High resistance to corrosion – die casting alloys have a good to high corrosion resistance rating.
8) Long lasting dies – the moulds can produce thousands of parts before additional tooling is required.
Why outsource your die casting manufacturing?
Die casting is one of the most cost effective ways of producing metal parts and components but did you know you can save even more when you outsource the manufacturing process to China? At China Outsourcing, your outsourcing partner, both our English and Chinese teams ensure your parts are manufactured to your exact specifications and to the high quality you expect by a tried and trusted manufacturer.
While navigating a foreign market can be daunting, when you partner with us you won’t have to worry about a thing as we take care of everything, from translating designs and negotiating the best price to quality control and final delivery.
To find out more about how you can save when you outsource your die casting manufacturing to China, contact China Outsourcing today on +44 (0)1202 606141. Our experienced team will be happy to discuss your outsourcing needs.